from Jefferson High School, Indiana
Bachelor's in Music from the Crane School of Music
Master's in Music from the University of Montreal
Currently resides in Montpelier, Vermont
- Debuted the world premiere of Nora in Paul Siskind's The Sailorboy and the Fountain alongside well-renowned mezzo soprano Stephanie Blythe
- Debuted the role of Aello in Marc Blitzstein's The Harpies in Canada
- Premiered the role of The Angel in Erik Neilson's A Fleeting Animal
- Recreated the role of Amaranth in Steven Serpa's Thyrsis & Amaranth
- Performed with the Manhattan Chamber Orchestra, the Lafayette Symphony Orchestra, and the Green Mountain Mahler Orchestra
- Performed principal roles in operas and musicals ranging from contemporary opera to classical musical theater
- Sang with the Opera Company of Middlebury, Counterpoint Chorus, Rutland Area Chorus, the Vermont Collegiate Choral Consortium, and the Green Mountain Monteverdi Ensemble
Described as, “brilliant, nuanced, and lyrically expressive,” Allison Devery Steinmetz, soprano, spans her vocal artistry in classical, musical theater, and contemporary music. Collaborations and performances of note include creating the role of Nora in the world premiere of Paul Siskind's The Sailorboy and the Falcon, alongside acclaimed mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe, and breathing fresh life into the roles of The Angel in Erik Nielsen's A Fleeting Animal and Amaranth in Steven Serpa's Thyrsis & Amaranth, as well as premiering the role of Aello in Marc Blitzstein's The Harpies in Canada. She has played leading roles in productions including The Telephone, The Marriage of Figaro, Candide, The Fantasticks, Into the Woods, Guys & Dolls, Once Upon A Mattress, The Mikado, and The King & I.
Along with her operatic and musical theater career, Allison is a highly sought after concert soloist, performing soprano solos in masterworks of Beethoven, Brahms, Handel, Finzi, Mozart, Schubert, Lotti, Vitier, Zelenka, and more. Allison has shared the concert stage with The Manhattan Chamber Orchestra, The Lafayette Symphony Orchestra, the Burlington Choral Society, the Green Mountain Mahler Festival, the Rutland Area Chorus, and the Vermont Collegiate Choral Consortium. Her solo and ensemble experience in Vermont includes performances with The Opera Company of Middlebury, Barn Opera, Counterpoint Chorus, and the Green Mountain Monteverdi Ensemble, and she is a featured soloist on the CD release of Robert De Cormier's Songs of Hope and Freedom with Bella Voce Women's Chorus.
Allison received her M.M. From the University of Montreal and her B.M. From the Crane School of Music.